Death Café This is a seminar where people come together in a relaxed and safe setting to talk about death in their lives and in the lives of loved ones.
Treats and beverages are provided as Rev Roberta Winn of Spiritual Care Associates talks about increasing awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their finite lives.
This topic is very interesting and thought provoking, mark the date and come to listen about how this unavoidable event can be managed to decrease fear and confusion.
Join us for a fun daytime paddle through the beautiful Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge.
Only 4 spots left!!
This Saturday, Oct 19, 10 am – 3:30 pm
This is a guided trip with kayak, paddle and life vest provided. Open to both novice and experienced paddlers. Novices will be encouraged to use a tandem kayak.
- 10:00 am – Arrive for check in.
- 10:30 – Paddle starts . approx. 2 hours of paddling.
- 12:30 -1 hour lunch (bring your own) on the beach for swimming, birding, interpretive history.
- 1:30 – Paddle back through Bachelor Slough or circumnavigation of the Island if conditions on the Columbia River
- 3:30 – Return to boathouse
What to bring: Water, Sunscreen, Lunch, Wear clothing that dries quickly if wet, Camera!
Cost: $60 per person, you can put it on your account if you wish. A $20 nonrefundable deposit is required at sign-up time.
Transportation: We will try to meet at Trainer’s Club and organize carpools. The drive to Ridgefield, Washington is approx. 45 min.
Sign-up sheet at front desk
Please contact Jenny Lakey with any questions: http://trainersclub.com/contact/